The Republic of Tajikistan received a grant from the Asian Development Fund (ADF) for the implementation of the Maternal and Child Health Integrated Care Project in Tajikistan.
A project administration group (PAG) was established to implement the project. The role of the PAG is in the day-to-day implementation of project activities, including operational and budget planning, recruitment of local and international consultants, procurement of works (construction and rehabilitation of health facilities) and goods (medical and non-medical equipment), monitoring and evaluation of project progress, analysis of issues to determine the necessary actions and reporting to the Project Director and the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Population of the Republic of Tajikistan (MoHSPP).
To achieve these goals the MoHSPP of the Republic of Tajikistan invites eligible citizens to participate in the competition for the position of Procurement Officer in the PAG:
The procurement officer will work closely with the Director of PAG, MoHSPP, other PAG staff and consultants to perform the following tasks:
- Regular update of the procurement Plan;
- Preparation of all tender documents and contracts for services (hiring of consultants and other PAG staff), works (construction) and procurement of goods (equipment);
- Preparation of small-contract PCA (capacity-building training);
- Manage and control all procurement processes;
- Organization of pre-tender meetings as required and preparation of minutes of these meetings;
- Preparation of responses to” Clarification Requests ” received from bidders;
- Assistance to the MoHSPP in establishing tender evaluation committees;
- Monitoring and managing all contracts;
- Preparation of amendments to contracts as necessary;
- Verification of availability and validity of all relevant documents under the contract (Bank guarantees, social insurance, insurance, plans, etc.);
- Ensuring that all documents are approved, signed and published in a timely manner; and
- Prepare responses to requests from stakeholders including government, NGOs, contractors, suppliers, consultants and ADB.
- Higher education in Engineering, Logistics, Law, Economics, Technology, Business Administration or equivalent;
- At least 10 years of experience in the management and implementation of procurement (goods, works and consulting services) in projects financed by the Asian Development Bank, the world Bank or other international financial institutions;
- Participation in trainings on procurement of goods, works and consulting services relevant to the procedures of the Asian Development Bank and / or the world Bank (is an advantage)
- Knowledge of laws and regulations in the field of public procurement of goods, works and services;
- Fluency in Tajik, Russian and English.;
- Good computer skills;
- Ability to work well with a team;
- Excellent analytical skills, good report writing skills.
Contract period: Initially 12 person-months with extension subject to performance review
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
Resume (CV) in Russian and English (the format of the resume can be downloaded here or received by e-mail indicated below);
Recommendation letters with the contact details of the recommenders;
Copy of documents certifying the candidate’s education;
Copy of passport (place of residence, TIN/ИНН);
Letter – a statement (addressed to the Minister of Health and Social Protection of the Population of the Republic of Tajikistan).
The above-mentioned documents must be submitted personally in an envelope. The envelope must indicate:
For the contest:
Name of candidate:
The deadline for submission of documents is June 15, 2020 at 10: 00 local time. Documents submitted after the specified period will not be reviewed.
The selection of specialists will be carried out in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan and the selection procedures for individual specialists of the Asian Development Bank.
Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
Documents from candidates are accepted at the address:
734025, Dushanbe, Str. Shevchenko 61, Office 2).
Tel: (992 37) 221 43 94