Maternal and Child Health Integrated Project
Asian Development Bank, Grant 0627-TAJ (SF)
PILOT CASE-BASED FINANCING FIRM
Consultant Type: Firm
Selection Method: Fixed Budget Selection
Package Name and Number: CS07 – PILOT CASE-BASED FINANCING FIRM
Technical Proposal Format: Biodata Technical Proposal
Location of Assignment: Dushanbe city, Fayzobod, Rasht and Sh. Shohin districts
The Republic of Tajikistan received a grant from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for the implementation of the Maternal and Child Health Integrated Care Project in Tajikistan. The Maternal and Child Health Integrated Care Project will help address key issues affecting Tajikistan’s health sector, such as inadequate funding, outdated infrastructure and health facilities, as well as lack of qualified medical professionals and healthcare providers, especially in rural areas.
- OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The objective of this consultancy is to support the MOHSPP and MOF in the development / improvement of the case-based financing methodology to ensure budget calculation and financing effectiveness of the integrated MCH health system and pilot the case-based financing mechanism at project district hospital(s).
- SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
In close coordination with the MOHSPP / PAG, in close coordination with key stakeholders, the Consultant will have to fulfill the following tasks:
1. Design the Case-based Financing System;
2. Facilitate the Introduction of a Virtual Salary Calculation System;
3. Ensure Development and Implementation of the Information System to track case-based financing and financing of referral services;
4. Provide Guidance and Technical Support during all phases of the case-based financing pilot system implementation;
5. Train Hospital Staff in the Application of the Case-based Financing System
- REQUIRED POSITIONS
Сonsulting firm shall comprise the following key experts:
International Specialist and Experts
- Lead Health Care Financing Specialist (11 P/M)
- Software Architect and Information Technology (5 P/M)
- Software Quality Assurance (3.7 P/M)
National Specialist and Experts
- Health Care Financing Specialist (12 P/M)
- Software Developer (10P/M)
- Software Quality Assurance (10 P/M)
Detailed information is provided in Terms of Reference which can be accesses through the following link:
MOHSPP invites eligible consulting firms to submit their expression of interests to provide the abovementioned services.
Interested firms shall submit information proving that they have adequate qualification to perform the intended services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, experience and competence related to assignment, brochures, skills of personnel etc.).
The selection process will be done in accordance with ADB Procedures and Guidelines for selection of consultants based on Fixed Budget Selection. Shortlisted Firms will be invited to submit technical and financial proposals. Expression of interests submitted by firms will be reviewed by Selection Committee using the following criteria:
- Experience related to the assignment set forth in the Terms of Reference;
- Technical capability of the firm, individual qualification of team members to be involved in the assignment;
- Corporate Profile indicating the duration of services rendered, core competencies, management system and financial resources;
All interested consulting firms shall submit their expression of interests in English and/or Russian languages online in a special electronic format accessible through the following link:
Additional Information to applicants:
This task requires experience in piloting and implementing shift from line item budgets to case-based financing in hospitals, particularly in countries from former soviet union. Experience in accounting or auditing is not relevant.
For additional information, interested firms may contact us:
Project Administration Group
Maternal and Child Health Integrated Care Project in Tajikistan
734025, Dushanbe, Shevchenko str. 69
Office of the Project Administration Group
Tel.: +992 37 221 4395
The deadline for submission of expression of interests is 14 December 2019, not later than 17:00 Dushanbe local time.