The Republic of Tajikistan received a grant from the Asian Development Fund (ADF) for the implementation of the Maternal and Child Health Integrated Care Project in Tajikistan.
A project administration group (PAG) was established to implement the project. The role of the PAG is in the day-to-day implementation of project activities, including operational and budget planning, recruitment of local and international consultants, procurement of works (construction and rehabilitation of health facilities) and goods (medical and non-medical equipment), monitoring and evaluation of project progress, analysis of issues to determine the necessary actions and reporting to the Project Director and the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Population of the Republic of Tajikistan (MoHSPP).
To achieve these goals the MoHSPP of the Republic of Tajikistan invites eligible citizens to participate in the competition for the following positions:
- EQUIPMENT OFFICER
Equipment Officer will work in close cooperation with PAG Manager, MOHSPP, other PAG officers and consultants to:
- Organize and prepare all RFQ for small contracts (including e.g. capacity building material) and the procurement for Goods;
- Review technical specifications prepared by the Consulting Design and Supervision Firm with PAG and concerned MOHSPP staff;
- Organize publications on ADB, national and international websites and newspapers;
- Prepare answers to requests for clarifications issues by supplier companies;
- Organize the bid openings;
- Organize bid evaluation and prepare reports for contract award notice;
- Monitor supplier contracts;
- Prepare Variation Orders for Supplier Contracts in cooperation with the consulting firms;
- Verify that all documents relevant for contracting are provided on time and are valid (bank guaranties, social security, insurances, etc.);
- Ensure that all documents are approved, signed and published on time; and
- Support in updating of the procurement plan and schedule.
- Implement other procurement related tasks under the supervision of the PAG Manager and Procurement Officer.
- Higher education in Engineering, Logistics, Law, Economics, Technology, Business Administration or equivalent;
- Management of equipment procurement under ADB or other IFI guidelines.
- At least 5 years of experience in the management and implementation of procurement (goods, works and consulting services) in projects financed by the Asian Development Bank, the world Bank or other international financial institutions;
- Participation in trainings on procurement of goods, works and consulting services relevant to the procedures of the Asian Development Bank and / or the world Bank (is an advantage)
- Knowledge of laws and regulations in the field of public procurement of goods, works and services;
- Proficiency in the Tajik, Russian, and the English language is essential;
- Good computer skills;
- Ability to work well with a team;
- Excellent analytical skills, good report writing skills.
- OFFICE MANAGER
Office Manager will work in close cooperation with PAG Manager, MOHSPP, other PAG officers and consultants to:
- Assist in setting up administrative systems and manage PAG’s administrative arrangements, including filing of all documents, phone system installation and management, assuring availability and control of administrative supplies;
- Assist in establishing contacts with service providers and vendors, if required and track office routine;
- Assist for logistical support for international and local consultants to facilitate their travel, obtaining visas, lodging, hiring of drivers, receiving money, providing security clearances, etc.;
- Assist PAG in preparing and coordinating support for ADB missions;
- Assist PAG staff and consultants to replicate documents, use and maintenance of copy machine and other office equipment;
- Provide assistance in cargo receipt in customs authorities supplied under the project, distribution and its transfer to end-users.
- Assist in arrangement for meetings, conferences, and training courses;
- Assist in handling mail and couriers;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the PAG Manager.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in economics, Finance, Accounting or other related field;
- At least 5 years of the practical experience as office manager, preferably in international organization;
- Experience in projects funded by ADB and/or World Bank would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in the Tajik and Russian language is essential, proficiency in the English language would be an asset;
- Good computer skills;
- Ability to manage and work with the team.
Contract period: Initially 12 person-months with extension subject to performance review
All interested candidates must submit the following documents:
Resume (CV) in Russian and English (the format of the resume can be downloaded here or received by e-mail indicated below);
Recommendation letters with the contact details of the recommenders;
Copy of documents certifying the candidate’s education;
Copy of passport (place of residence, TIN/ИНН);
Letter – a statement (addressed to the Minister of Health and Social Protection of the Population of the Republic of Tajikistan).
The above-mentioned documents must be submitted personally in an envelope. The envelope must indicate:
For the contest:
Name of candidate:
The deadline for submission of documents is 20 August 2020 at 10:00 local time. Documents submitted after the specified period will not be reviewed.
The selection of specialists will be carried out in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan and the selection procedures for individual specialists of the Asian Development Bank.
Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
Documents from candidates are accepted at the address:
734025, Dushanbe, Str. Shevchenko 61, Office 2).
Tel: (992 37) 221 43 94