A proposed grant project (Project) to the Republic of Tajikistan for the COVID-19 Vaccine Support Project under the Asia Pacific Vaccine Access Facility of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) is under consideration. It would provide financing to the Republic of Tajikistan for (COVID-19) vaccine procurement and logistics, and capacity-strengthening activities.
The Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Population (MOHSPP) of the Republic of Tajikistan will be the Project’s executing agency. A Project Administration Group (PAG) will be established for implementation of the Project. The PAG, headed by a project director, will be appointed by the MOHSPP. The Project Director will be supported by PAG staff who will be engaged under the Project, including a national coordinator, who will oversee the day-to-day implementation supported by six regional coordinators/vaccination specialists.
To achieve these goals, MOHSPP of the Republic of Tajikistan re-invites eligible citizens to apply for the following vacant positions:
- LOCAL COORDINATOR/ VACCINATION SPECIALIST (6 positions)
Minimum Qualification Requirements
The PAG Local Coordinator/Vaccination Specialist shall have Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a medical field, management or administration, with at least 3 years of experience in health-related projects, and in project management/coordination. Experience with MOHSPP is preferred. Candidates must be nationals of Tajikistan. A good command of English is preferred.
Scope of Work
The six PAG Local Coordinators/Vaccination Specialists, to be assigned in the regions, (Dushanbe city, Khorog GBAO, City of Khujand-Sogd Region, City of Bokhtar and Kulyab of the Khatlon Region, and Rash from the Region of Republican Subordination). will report to the Project Director; be supervised and work closely with the PAG National Coordinator; and will coordinate closely with other PAG staff, as necessary. The PAG Local Coordinators/Vaccination Specialists will be guided by the relevant official and approved documents of the Project (e.g., project administration manual), including in relation to relevant policies and procedures on project implementation of ADB and the government as articulated in these documents. The PAG Local Coordinator/Vaccination Specialists are expected to perform mainly, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Support the national coordinator in the management of all tasks at the local level related to the implementation of the Project with MOHSPP, other Ministries and Agencies involved and the ADB.
- Ensure that planned activities are properly coordinated and implemented, providing timely feedback and reporting to the national coordinator.
- Provide inputs in the preparation of required reports and work closely with other specialists in the project administration group towards ensuring that project outputs are adequately delivered, and any issues are addressed accordingly.
- Coordinate other COVID-19 related activities, resources, information, and reporting in timely manner.
- Lead logistics arrangement and supply delivery of vaccine, non-vaccine including communication and registration materials.
- Focus on operations and logistics part of the COVID-19 vaccination Project in the Districts.
- Manage the flow of supply movements between national, regional, and provincial levels.
- Provide operational and technical supports to regional and concerned provincial teams.
- Regularly monitor the distribution (receiving and delivery) of COVID-19 vaccine and non-vaccines supplies.
- Ensure all records of COVID-19 related vaccination are kept and reported.
- Support regional and concerned provincial teams compile coverage reports
- Ensure that the reports are up-to-date and available all the time, and progress reports are sent to national level in timely manner.
- Provide feedback to concerned Districts of the issues raised or disseminate key updates to concerned Districts when received from the national level or vice-versa.
- Regularly review the program implementation process, analyzes risks and opportunities and timely update the national coordinator/team accordingly.
- Facilitate the collection, compilation and analysis of the coverage data and provides feedback to national team.
- Provide support to evaluations either during project implementation or post introduction phase.
- Provide assistance to other key related activities such as trainings, communication, cold chain; and
- Manage other COVID-19 vaccination related tasks given by National Coordinator.
Terms of Engagement: 24 person-months each on a continuous basis with a 3-month probation period. Starting from September 2021 to August 2023.
All interested candidates must submit the following documents:
Resume (CV) in Russian and English (the format of the resume can be downloaded here or received by e-mail indicated below)
Recommendation letters with the contact details of the recommenders
Copy of documents certifying the candidate’s educational background
Copy of passport (place of residence, TIN/ИНН)
The above-mentioned documents must be submitted personally in an envelope. The envelope must indicate:
For the contest:
To position (Mandatory to indicate region):
Name of candidate:
The deadline for submission of documents is 27 September 2021 at 10:00 local time. Documents submitted after the specified period will not be reviewed.
The selection will be carried out in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan and the selection procedures for individual specialists of the Asian Development Bank.
Only qualified candidates based on CVs will be invited to the interview. If necessary, PAG reserves the right to re-announce a vacancy or cancel the recruitment.
Documents from candidates are accepted at the address:
734025, Dushanbe, st. Shevchenko 61, office 2.
Tel.: (992 37) 221 43 94