The Republic of Tajikistan received a grant from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for the implementation of Maternal and Child Health Integrated Care Project in Tajikistan.
To implement the project, a Project Administration Group (PAG) was established. The role of the PAG is daily implementation of project activities, including operational and budget planning, hiring local and international consultants, procurement of work (construction and rehabilitation of healthcare facilities) and goods (medical and non-medical equipment), monitoring and evaluation of project progress, analysis of issues to determine the necessary actions and reporting to the Project Manager and the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Population of the Republic of Tajikistan (MOHSPP).
To achieve these goals, the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Population of the Republic of Tajikistan invites eligible citizens to apply for the following vacant position:
- PAG Civil Engineer
• Regular visits to construction sites;
• Regular quality control of construction works in accordance with specifications;
• Preparation of all necessary documentation and correspondence for the acceptance of contractors’ work in accordance with the approved project;
• Resolution of disputes with the contractor;
• Preparation of amendments to work contracts;
• Checking the availability and validity of all documents related to the contract (bank guarantees, social security, insurance, drawings, implementation schedule, etc.);
• Verification of the final invoice and all accompanying documents (design drawings, user manuals, etc.);
• Verification of all claims of contractors, suppliers and users;
• Consideration of completed work and coordination with the management of the Executive Agency;
• Checking the quality of supplied materials in accordance with specifications;
• Analysis and update of contractors’ work schedule.
• Performing other tasks as requested by the PAG manager.
• Experience in the management and supervision of construction works;
• At least 5 years of experience as:
• Civil Supervision Engineer;
• Supervision of at least 3 construction projects;
• Evaluation of the work of contractors in terms of quality;
• Measurements and acceptance of the work performed by contractors;
• Experience in working with the leadership of ministries and local authorities is an advantage;
• Excellent command of Tajik and Russian languages and knowledge of English is an advantage.
Terms of contract:
Duration of the contract: initially 12 man-months on a permanent basis, subject to verification of the performed tasks results, and with a 3-month probation period.
- OFFICE MANAGER
Office Manager will work in close cooperation with PAG Manager, MOHSPP, other PAG officers and consultants to:
- Assist in setting up administrative systems and manage PAG’s administrative arrangements, including filing of all documents, phone system installation and management, assuring availability and control of administrative supplies and consumables;
- Assist in establishing contacts with service providers and vendors, if required and track office routine;
- Assist for logistical support for international and local consultants to facilitate their travel, obtaining visas, lodging, hiring of drivers, receiving money, providing security clearances, etc.;
- Assist PAG in preparing and coordinating support for ADB missions;
- Assist PAG staff and consultants to replicate documents, use and maintenance of copy machine and other office equipment;
- Provide assistance in cargo receipt in customs authorities supplied under the project, distribution and its transfer to end-users.
- Assist in arrangement for meetings, conferences, and training courses;
- Assist in handling mail and couriers;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the PAG Manager.
- Bachelor’s in economics, Finance, Accounting or other related field;
- At least 5 years of the practical experience as office manager, preferably in international organization;
- Experience in projects funded by ADB and/or World Bank would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in the Tajik and Russian language is essential, proficiency in the English language would be an asset;
- Good computer skills;
- Ability to manage and work with the team.
Duration of the contract: initially 12 person-months on a permanent basis, subject to verification of the results of the tasks performed, with a 3-month probation period.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
CV in Russian and English (resume format can be obtained upon request to the email address: email@example.com);
Letters of recommendation with the contact details of the recommending persons;
A copy of documents certifying the candidate’s education in profile;
Copy of passport (place of registration, TIN);
The above documents must be submitted in person in an envelope. The envelope must clearly state:
Name of candidate:
The deadline for submitting documents is: __ __ 2023 at 10:00, local time.
Documents submitted after the specified period will not be considered.
The selection of candidates will be carried out in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan and the procedures for the selection of individual specialists within the framework of the Asian Development Bank.
Only eligible candidates will be invited for interview. If necessary, the PAG reserves the right to re-announce the vacancy or cancel the selection of candidates for the announced position.
More information about the structure and activities of the Project can be found at the link: http://adbmch.tj/ru/home/
Documents from candidates are accepted at:
734025, Dushanbe, St. Shevchenko 61
Tel.: (992 37) 221 43 94